DIY Documentation Websites
This workshop documentation itself is a readthedocs.org site. It has Pages on the left side, page level Table of contents on the right side, a Search bar in the top right, and Previous/Next navigation along the bottom.
There is a glossary at the end for some common terms used throughout this workshop content.
- (5 min) Meet your Neighbor
- (20 min x4) 4 Lessons: lecture + hands-on + review
- Motivation for documentation & workshop software setup
- The Magic of Markdown & the Markdown Cheatsheet
- Read the Docs Setup & Publish
- Read the Docs Modification & Troubleshooting
- (5 min) Open Questions
Meet Your Neighbor
Take 5 minutes to:
- Introduce yourself and what brought you here today
- Talk about either the best or worst online documentation you know of and why you feel that way about it